Announcing the Friends of Pathways Commuter Choice Challenge!
Friends of Pathways invites you to participate in its inaugural Commuter Choice Challenge program between June 1 and September 30!
What it is:
Commuter Choice Challenge is a summer-long initiative that encourages community members to choose non-motorized forms of transportation for their business and personal commuting. The Commuter Choice Challenge functions just like last summer's Go By Bike; we've just changed the name to be inclusive of all forms of non-motorized transportation. Program participants log their commuter miles online and have the opportunity to compete against friends and win cool prizes - all while saving money, burning calories, and helping out the environment!
How it works:
- Take 30 seconds to register at http://challenge.friendsofpathways.org. If you wish to participate on a team (typically your place of work), create a team on the website and log miles as a group. The first 10 people to sign up will win free Friends of Pathways socks, and the next 10 will win free Friends of Pathways t-shirts!
- With your online account, you can log miles for any daily commuting you do - whether for work, running errands, or just to socialize.
- As you and other participants log your miles, our website will show you real-time stats: how many trips you've made, miles you've ridden, calories you've burned, gas money you've saved, and CO2 emissions you've eliminated. New to our website this year: you can sort by number of trips, not just miles.
- Not only will you be able to see your own stats, but you'll be able to compare and compete with other riders and teams from like-sized organizations. There are categories on the website for walking, cycling, and other non-motorized forms of transportation.
- Our website blog will keep participants up-to-date on program info and weekly competitions.
- At the end of the summer, we'll throw a big party with lots of great prizes for participants.
Please sign up today for Commuter Choice Challenge
and encourage your family and friends to do the same!
It's FREE and a fun way to track your non-motorized commutes throughout the summer.
Questions? Please contact Stephanie Thomas, Associate Director of Friends of Pathways: email@example.com or 733.4534.